Tuesday, May 8, 2012

diet diary: my GM diet experiment (day 1)

Dieting for most people, including me, is never easy. to me, it always means giving up a number of goodie foods i love and depriving myself of the pleasure of enjoying a meal (a hefty meal, that is!). although i did manage to survive a diet before. it was around eight months after giving birth to my boy; i used herbalife's  shake and lost about 15 lbs after 2 months into the program. i managed to keep the weight off for more than a year but eventually went back to my old lamon days. ang saya kasi talaga kumain!:)


i'm not really overweight or obese but my old jeans no longer fit me and i refuse to buy new ones!:) also, i always feel sluggish and lousy even if i get enough sleep. i would very much like to feel healthy again. from 124lbs after my diet in 2010, i am now at 133.2lbs.! and for some reason, i couldn't seem to go back to my herbalife diet. i just find it so hard to start it over again, so i explored other options just to put me back on the proper eating mode once more. 


my friend told me about her coworkers' GM diet escapades and i immediately researched on it.:) it's basically a 7-day diet program wherein you are restricted to eat certain foods on a certain day and you are to lose 10-17 lbs in a week. and you may repeat the whole process after 2 weeks until you achieve your ideal weight. i figured, it's just 7 days of self deprivation so i could probably do it.:D you can read more about the gm diet here http://www.gmdietworks.com/ and here http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html.


after much research, i decided to start my GM diet last Sunday, may 6 *which was a very bad idea kasi umuulan ng pagkain sa bahay pag sunday!:(*. i figured it'll be a lot easier to go on a diet now since mr. grumpy's away on a training. it's always extra fun to eat when he's around. heehee!:)


Day 1:  All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.






Day 1 Actual:
it says that i could have unlimited servings of fruits on this day and that i did (and some cheats. baaad! hehe!)! here's my gm diet diary for day 1:


breakfast: melon + raw papaya + a few glasses of water
AM snack: mango + green tea and a few glasses of water
lunch: kiwi + 1/2 ripe mango + grapes + water melon + orange and a few glasses of water
pm snack: water + herbalife shake (technically not allowed but i had what it seemed like a hyperacidity attack so i calmed my tummy down with the shake)
dinner: grapes + mango + lots of water + a few cheats (i had a few, as in very few strips of chicken..boo!)


day 1 was really a struggle for me. i think i had fruits that are very acidic which explains the hyperacidity. well, at least now i know. and i was feeling very light headed the whole time. it's also my first time not having rice, ever! i honestly thought that i will not survive the day! when i weighed myself the next morning i was at 131.4 lbs. that's 1.8lbs lost from my 133.2 glory!:D yeeeey motivation!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment